How to Detox Your Liver the Natural Way: A 5 Step Guide
Dr. Martin Bruce from University of Washington shares this new case study.
Your liver has a dual role. It is both the main organ for detoxifying (which your body is naturally doing all the time) as well as an important part of your digestive tract. These days, many people have over burdened livers that are “speaking” to them and crying out for help!
10 Symptoms Of A Serious Liver Problem You May Be Ignoring:
- unexpected signs of aging
- unexplained weight gain and inability to lose it even with calorie restriction
- abdominal bloating
- pain or discomfort above the liver – (right upper abdominal area under the rib cage)
- excessive abdominal fat
- bad breath, unbalanced oral microflora
- acid reflux/heartburn
- skin dark spots commonly referred to as liver spots
- body overheating & excessive perspiration
- acne/rosacea or itchy, blotchy skin
5 Steps To Begin Cleansing Your Liver:
1. Each day, for seven days, choose at least three servings from each group of the following Liver-Loving Foods:
- Crucifers, such as cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, broccoli sprouts
- Green leafy vegetables and herbs, like parsley, kale, watercress, chard, cilantro, beet greens, escarole, dandelion greens and mustard greens
- Citrus, like oranges, lemons and limes (avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, which contain a compound called naringen that can interfere with the liver-cleansing process)
- Sulfur-rich foods, like garlic, onions, eggs and daikon radish
- Liver healers, such as artichoke, asparagus, beets, celery, dandelion-root tea, whey and nutritional yeast flakes
2. Each day, for 30 days enhance your diet with liver cleansing supplement.
Claims vs. reality. Your choice should focus on product that is formulated with liver cleansing in mind. The Ingredients such as Milk Thistle, Hydrangea Root and Ginger are those which have been proven by clinical studies as the most effective in detoxyfing digestive organs. One out of very few products we liked, the one combining all of the above is Slimfy’s - Stage One. All natural, safe and gluten fee.
3. Hydrate... Hydrate... Hydrate...!
Each day, drink half your body weight in ounces of filtered or purified water.
4. Avoid the following “detox distractors”:
- Dietary fats, especially trans fats
- Any form of sugar, including honey and maple syrup
- Artificial sweeteners
- Refined carbohydrates, including white rice and products made from white flour
- Gluten, found in wheat, rye, barley and all their related products, such as packaged cereals, macaroni and cheese, pizza dough, pasta, tortillas, pancake/waffle mixes and cookies, as well as in many “low-carb” products, vegetable proteins, some soy sauces and distilled vinegars
- Soy protein isolates, found in many protein energy bars and processed soy foods
- Alcohol, over-the-counter drugs and caffeine
5. Each day, make sure you have 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil, flaxseed oil or a “woman’s oil” (a flaxseed oil and black-currant oil blend).