RISK MANAGEMENT FOR COMPLIANCE OFFICERS
This module is designed to provide an overview of key elements of risk and to demonstrate why they are important to a senior Compliance Officer.
Who Should Attends?
- Why is Risk important for Compliance Officers?
- The key elements of risk management
- A holistic approach to risk management – does enterprise risk management make sense?
- Regulatory Expectations regarding risk management
- The risk architecture – risk appetite, policies, procedures, reporting, registers, metrics and MI
- Examine how financial metrics and statistics can illustrate the impact of Risk
- Appreciate the impact of Basel II
- Towards Basel III
- Credit, Market and Liquidity Risk
- Different types of credit risk
- Why credit risk is important for both banks and investment firms
- Regulatory expectations of credit risk management
- Key principles of market risk
- What is liquidity risk?
- Why does it affect all types of firm?
- How to understand where liquidity risk stresses can occur?
- The importance of good liquidity risk management
- Operational Risk
- What is Operational Risk?
- What types of Risk does Operational Risk cover
- Measuring and modelling Operational Risk
- Compliance Risk
- What is Compliance Risk?
- An example of an approach to identify and measure compliance risk
- Defining Key Risk Indicators for the Compliance Function
- Incorporating Compliance Risk metrics into the Operational Risk Framework
- Creating a dashboard to summarise the state of compliance risk for senior management
- Regulatory Capital
- The link between regulatory capital and Risk
- The different elements of regulatory capital
- Use of risk and pricing models to reduce regulatory capital