ANTI-BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION RED FLAGS, 3RD PARTIES DUE DILIGENCE
Bribery can often damage your business and your reputation. However, your business is not the only victim. The government and the society are affected more, and they are severely undermined by the weakened rule of law and damaged economic and social development. As such, governments are making anti-corruption programs an integral part of compliance. The OECD and its member countries see the core principle in fighting corruption rooted in the principle of free and fair competition. Each bribe offered or accepted compromises this principle.
This two-day training course is a practical look at corruption and current anti-corruption practices at a level that will provide both a clear definition and broad guidelines as to how this scourge can be fought. The in person seminar will discuss and detail issues and checklists to help make setting up your own anti-corruption program easier.
The seminar instructor will use a combination of prepared tuition, examples, discussions, exercises and case studies. For instance, the prominent Siemens case study that will be discussed will examine the corruption scandal and the steps that Siemens subsequently took to recover from this disaster. This interactive course will offer participants the opportunity to share experiences and plan work within small working groups, providing practice in the application of the techniques and tools, and generating active participation.
* What is corruption and how to recognize it
* How to set up your own anti-corruption program
* Red flags and other warning signs that point to corrupt practice
* How to implement a process that will allow you to continually improve your anti-corruption measures without overwhelming your organization
* Steps you can take to better understand your global corruption risks
* The need for ongoing risk assessments and review;
* Why third-party due diligence can make or break your program;
Who will Benefit:
This practical hands-on training course is designed for all businesses both large and small.
The following job titles/ positions will benefit from participating:
* General / Corporate Counselors
* Corporate Legal Executives/Managers
* Business Division Managers
* Branch and Regional management
* Supply chain and Procurement Directors, Managers and their Staff
* Board Members
* Risk and Audit Committee Chairs and Members
* Heads od Market, and Operational Risk
* Heads of Risk Management and Risk Officers
* Financial Officers
* Auditors (External and Internal)
* Risk Management Consultants
* Compliance and MLRO Officers
Course participants will be able to:
* Describe the global approach to prevention and detection of bribery and corruption.
* Explain how the UK’s Bribery Act 2010 fits into the global ABC picture.
* Apply the UK’s Department of Justice Guidance in a proportionate but effective manner.
* Ensure that senior management have established an on-going compliant regime that they are able to monitor effectively.
* Understand and explain the regulator’s role in compliance with the Bribery Act.
If you have a number of people who require training, you might find it more economical to have the training at your offices. Our trainers are armed with all the equipment and materials necessary.
All you need to do is supply the room. In addition in-house courses can be tailored to meet the precise needs of your business. This could mean tailoring a course for a business unit; combining elements of different courses to match your exact specification; or producing a course from scratch.
Our Training Facilities
If you do not have enough room at your offices or would simply like to take the training offsite, we can deliver the training at our training facilities.
Please contact us at email@example.com and we'll get in touch to discuss your requirements in detail