Anti Money Laundering Masterclass with Bachir El-Nakib
This course is designed for Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLROs), Deputy MLROs and Nominated AML Officers.
This MasterClass details the roles and responsibilities of the MLRO within the Financial Services Industry. The session will provide you with a thorough understanding of duties to be undertaken to enhance the application of the anti-money laundering regime.
· Objectives of AML compliance
· Key drivers of AML compliance
· The link between data and governance
· Cost of AML failures
· Customer screening: Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
· Responsibilities of Senior Management and the Board of Directors
· The Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
· PEPs and Sanctions
· AML – where to draw the line / dealing with difficult situations
· Money Laundering Risk Assessments
· Case Studies
After attending the course, participants will:
· Have the ability to explain the roles and responsibilities of the MLRO
· Be equipped to comply with statutory & regulatory obligations in relation to the role of MLRO
· Understand the money laundering and reporting regime
· Have gained confidence in dealing with Suspicious Transactions and Activity Reports (STRs/SARs) including consent requests
· Assist in the development of a firm’s Money Laundering Risk Assessments
is the Founder and Managing Partner of Compliance Alert LLC and Think Tank in the Middle East.
With almost 30 years in the financial services industry, Bachir has experienced a variety of roles throughout his career, including ABN Amro Bank Director Lebanon, Deputy General Manager United Bank of Saudi and Lebanon – Credit Risk, Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory - Consultant AML Supervision Team, RBS, Coutts & Co, Vice President Operational Risk and AML, Head of Regulatory Compliance and AML Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited, Banking and Training, as well as involvement in thorough understanding of industry needs from a regulatory perspective.
Bachir is an AML & CFT Expert, Fraud Investigator, member, ACAMS MENA Task Force, ACAMS Accredited Trainer, Holds A Master Degree in Money & Finance, his Specialties: Compliance, Corporate Governance, AML/CTF, Corporate, Fraud Investigations, Financial Crime Prevention & Forensic Accounting