Beware public mobile charging points - your phone can be hacked in minutes
How to protect yourself
* Only plug your phone into trusted computers, using trusted USB cables
* Protect your mobile phone with a password, or with another method such as fingerprint recognition, and don’t unlock it while charging.
* Use encrypted apps like WhatsApp and iMessage to communicate
* Antiviruses can be a bore, but they help to detect malware even if a “charging” vulnerability is used.
* Update your mobile operating system to the most recent version, as that will have the most up-to-date bug fixes.